Sometimes a salad can change your life. Might I suggest this is one of them?
If you’re a salad hater or think they’re for rabbits, meet my Blissed-Out Thai Salad with Peanut Tempeh. It’s saucy and vegetable-packed. Plus, it has carbs and TONS of protein (21 g / serving)! Don’t forget the saucy peanut dressing. That seals the deal.
Friends, you’re gonna want this one. Let’s do this!
Directions0/0 steps made
- Cook rice noodles according to package instructions, rinse, drain, and set aside to cool.
- To a large serving bowl, add cooked and cooled noodles, carrots, green onions, cilantro, mint, spinach, cabbage, and red bell pepper and toss loosely to combine. Set aside.
- Make dressing by adding peanut butter, tamari, maple syrup, chili sauce (or chili or red pepper), and lime juice to a small mixing bowl and whisking to combine. Then add warm water a little at a time until a thick but pourable sauce is achieved.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more maple syrup for sweetness, chili sauce (chili or red pepper) for heat, lime juice for acidity, or tamari for saltiness. Set aside.
- Add 1/2 of the tempeh (optional) and 1/2 of the sauce to the salad and toss. Then top with remaining tempeh and sauce. Serve immediately. Leftovers store well in the refrigerator up to 4-5 days, though best when fresh. I find that, if making ahead of time, it’s better to leave the salad undressed and store the tempeh separately.